We’re doing some remodelling down in the valley, so I needed to come up and borrow some of my tools that I had stored at the Ranch. Since I was making the trip, I used this time to upgrade one of the security cameras to provide a much more detailed high-resolution capture when motion was detected. With the old camera, I had a hard time distinguishing who had been captured by the camera, because the photos were of such low resolution. The new camera takes much clearer pictures, and when I view them at full resolution, I can zoom in to see minute details.
We made it up to the Ranch in May to get the Littlehouse ready for summer. Forgot to take any pictures for that trip.
Later, I went up to the Ranch for the weekend of June 27th for our annual Ham radio Field Day event. Radio conditions were only fair this year, but we did get a really good thunderstorm on Saturday afternoon.
Had Sarah’s family come up for the weekend at October Break. The two older grandsons came up with me on Wednesday, and the rest came up on Friday.
The boy’s job for this trip was to gather the waste lumber that was stashed in the loft and under the shed, cut it up and burn it. Fire and teenagers… what could go wrong??
We did a little painting this past year, using the same colors that we had used on the house to paint the shed. On this last trip, I ran across the paint cards that identify the colors. I thought I might post them here, so that we can look up what the colors were even if we end up losing the cards.
The Brown color is Behr 230F-6 (Earth Tone).
Over the labor day weekend, I installed a new add-on for my Midnite Solar Charge Controller. It is called a Whizbang Jr.
Basically, this allows the charge controller to measure the actual current directly into and out of the battery, without worrying about what loads I might have turned on at any point in time.
This allows the charge controller to make better decisions on when to stop charging on any given day, putting less strain on the batteries. It also will allow me to more effectively monitor the actual state of charge of the batteries, rather than guessing based on battery voltage. But that part hasn’t been added to the software, yet.
I haven’t grabbed any photos of my install yet, but here is a generic one that I’ve borrowed from the manufacturer…